Rocket Moves to His New Home!

There has been a lot of change here at Mustang Mission as Rocket’s time with me has come to an end.  I knew it was going to be hard to part with Rocket, so I did many fun and memorable things with him in the days before he left.  I also had to take some nice photos of him for my 2024 Mustang Mission Calendar…

The MacDonald’s came early in the morning so I could go over some last things with Rocket’s training.  Rocket did great - I was so happy with him!

It was a bit difficult to load Rocket onto the trailer, but he traveled so well!  I wanted to be with Rocket when he made the transition to a new home, so my family joined me in following the MacDonalds to their farm.  I was happy to be able to watch Rocket the whole time and could tell that he stayed relaxed much of the time.

Rocket settled in so quickly!  He absolutely loved the grass and looking out over the fields.  The other horses on the property were eager to meet Rocket and since Rocket needed a friend, Champ was brought in.  Their meeting was very calm and I think Rocket was happy to have a companion.

Saying goodbye was so hard!  I love Rocket so much!  He and I have been through some difficult times together and our bond is strong.  However, I knew Rocket would be happy in his new home and have many people to love on him.


A few days after parting with Rocket, I was sent this picture of Rocket’s first time in the large pasture.  He looked so happy!  I was filled with so much joy knowing that he was loving life and had moved on to this next chapter of his life with calmness.

Thank you for your encouragement throughout Rocket’s time at Mustang Mission.  It was a blessing to be a part of his life and I can hardly wait to see him again in several weeks!  


I’m so thankful for Rocket and all that he taught me - every mustang following him will benefit from it.  Rocket has blessed my life so much!  I am so thankful for God’s guidance and protection along the way.  I’m also very grateful for his owner (and one of our board members!), Mary Ellen MacDonald for allowing me the privilege of training him.  Thank you so very, very much! ❤️


P.S.  Our online fundraising auction will be live on Saturday!  You do not want to miss it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ember is Available for Adoption!

Freedom Given Back: Renegade's Story

Update on the Cumberland Island Wild Horses